We all know how chaotic tax season can be even if we plan it to the ‘T.’ Extended office hours, frequent coffee breaks and pizza sessions and working Saturdays become a norm.
Of course - stress levels are the highest at this time of the year. In fact, until after the Tax Day, CPAs and accountants will continuously be on their toes to accommodate the influx of tax returns in addition to their daily tasks.
A ConstantContact survey states 56% of business owners are never away from work and a whopping 51% of them revealed they don’t have time to focus on themselves. Whoa!
Therefore, it isn’t surprising to know such a “pressure” can have severe ramifications in your personal life.
Many reasons can affect your wellbeing during the busy period. But most importantly, your accounting staff can also feel low or bogged down at times.
Of course, one of the benefits of outsourcing accounting services is to reduce stress. But we’ll discuss that later.
It is essential to create a positive and motivating environment for those working with and for you. One way to ensure this is by organizing varied activities to keep everyone motivated throughout these few weeks.
Here are a few stress-reducing ideas to try:
The social gatherings should be long enough for everyone to get out of their work mode to unwind a bit. A good tip is to keep the majority of the activities in-house to eliminate travel time and improve attendance.
Additionally, here are a few things you and your staff must try individually to keep stress levels in check:
Thought about outsourcing?
Why not? There many benefits of outsourcing accounting services.
1) When it comes to managing the overflow tax season, you won’t have to run around hiring expensive staff because your outsourcing partner will support you during the busy period in a cost-effective set-up. That is one of the most significant benefits of outsourcing accounting services.
2) Many small and midsize CPA firms do not have access to the best of technologies or infrastructure. But since your outsourcing partner is fully equipped, it is possible to complete tasks efficiently.
3) One of the benefits of outsourcing accounting services is that you won’t have to worry about adapting to changing tax laws and instead move your entire focus on delivering work to your clients. Your outsourcing partner will take care of that.
4) They will also help you with tax legislation and advise you on the best ways to manage compliance and boost your operational efficiency.
5) One of the benefits of outsourcing accounting services is that you can turn around work faster as you have the right tech and legislative support from your outsourcer.
Before you plan to bounce off the blog, don’t forget to download our popular “Tax Season Survival Guide for CPAs.” It’s a pretty handy guide comprising tips on stress management, tax season support and cloud accounting, including the benefits of outsourcing accounting services.
And if you want any assistance during the tax season, contact us on 1-800-310-9312 or email us at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to help you.